Ari Fried has been a partner with the firm since 2011. Prior to joining Gornitzky & Co., Ari was a senior associate at another leading Israeli law firm. Ari was born and raised in Montreal, Canada and moved to Israel in 1998.
Ari's practice focuses primarily on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and capital markets in transactions involving both privately-held and publicly traded Israeli and multinational corporations.
Ari has represented public and private buyers and sellers in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, issuers and underwriters in equity and debt offerings in the United States and in Israel (both public offerings and private placements) and lenders and borrowers in debt financings. Ari also advises clients on day-to-day corporate matters.
Representative transactions include:
Representing underwriters in a USD 151 million secondary offering on the NASDAQ by an Israeli company listed on the NASDAQ.
- Representing underwriters in a USD 59 million IPO on the NASDAQ by an Israeli company listed on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Representing underwriters in a USD 71 million IPO on the NASDAQ by an Israeli company.
Representing a publicly traded Israeli oil company in a USD 600 million debt financing transaction from a consortium of Israeli banks and financial institutions and in a USD 300 million debt financing transaction from a US bank.
- Representing a publicly traded Israeli-based international food and beverage company in a spin-off of a portion of its business and a simultaneous USD 295 million investment by a top-tier international private equity fund.
- Representing a Canadian real estate company in its IPO on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange that involved a simultaneous reorganization of its assets.
- Representing a Canadian real estate company in a public debt offering on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange in which it raised approximately NIS 178 million.
- Representing underwriters in a USD 100 million secondary offering on the NASDAQ by an Israeli company listed on both the NASDAQ and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Representing the controlling shareholder of a leading Israeli media company in the sale of fifty percent of his shares to a strategic investor.
- Representing an Israeli publicly traded company in the acquisition by its subsidiary of the assets of a Romanian company.
- Representing a multinational bank in a USD 200 million revolving loan agreement with an Israeli publicly traded company.
LL.B., cum laude, McGill University, Montreal, Canada (1998)
B.C.L., cum laude, McGill University, Montreal, Canada (1998)
B.A., cum laude, Political Science (Minor Judaic Studies), Concordia University, Montreal, Canada (1994)
- Dean's List (1991)
2000, Israel Bar Association
1999, New York State Bar
1999, Massachusetts State Bar
Ari is the co-author of "Universal Crime, Jurisdiction and Duty: The Obligation of Aut Dedere Aut Judicare in International Law" (1998) 43 McGill L.J. 613.
English, Hebrew and French
The Legal 500 2016 recommended Ari Fried as a Cross-Border Capital markets lawyer.
Ari Fried was chosen as the winner of the Finance Monthly 2015 Deal Maker of the Year Award for his work on the transaction NeuroDerm's $45 million IPO
Global Legal Experts 2014 Practice Awards named Ari Fried the Corporate Finance Law Firm of the Year in Israel .
Ari Fried was chosen as the winner of the Finance Monthly 2014 Deal Maker of the Year Award for his work on the USD 151 million secondary public offering of shares of Enzymotec Ltd.
Ari Fried was chosen by the Corporate INTL Magazine 2015 Legal Awards as the winner of Israel's "Corporate Finance Lawyer of the Year" award.
Ari Fried was chosen by Legal Awards 2015 as the best in his field in the Capital Markets section, this marks his excellent and outstanding work throughout the legal world over the past 12 months