Ms. Elkon has been a partner at Gornitzky & Co. since 2007, where she began her legal career as an associate in 2000.
Elite specializes in mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance (large scale, cross-border financing transactions, as well as regulatory matters), and international commercial transactions. In recent years, she has acted in the following matters:
- Representation of Israeli and foreign corporations in cross-border M&A transactions;
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in financing and security transactions, including cross-border transactions and regulatory matters;
- Representation of large Israeli banks and their respective controlling shareholders in relation to control permits and banking-related legislation and regulation, including vis-à-vis the Bank of Israel;
- Cross-border transactions with respect to hotel management agreements, and the sale and purchase of hotels;
- Representation of clients in commercial transactions and investments;
- Representation of the control holders of major Israeli insurance companies in matters concerning insurance-related legislation, including vis-a-vis the Capital Markets, Insurance and Savings Commissioner.
Recent matters handled by Elite include:
- Representation of Delek Group in the sale of a controlling interest and additional shares in The Phoenix Holdings Ltd. (TASE: PHOE1) to Fosun Group.
- Representation of Isramco Negev 2 L.P. (TASE: ISRA.L) vis-à-vis a consortium led by Deutsche Bank and Natixis Bank in a USD 750 million financing transaction and a USD 500 million refinancing transaction for the development of the "Tamar" natural gas field, the first financing of its kind in Israel.
- Representation of leading financial institutions in a loan secured by real estate assets.
- Representation of a foreign publically-traded company in the securitization of its cash flows from oil and gas royalties.
- Representation of one of the world's leading private equity and investment advisory firms in the bid process for the acquisition of a subsidiary of a global energy and natural resources conglomerate.
- Representation of an Israeli subsidiary of a major international corporation (an S&P Global 100 company, listed on the NYSE and on several European stock exchanges) in cross-border sales of solar fields.
- Representation of the Israeli distributor of Phillip Morris, the leading international tobacco company, in the sale of its business to Philip Morris Ltd., an Israeli subsidiary of the International Philip Morris group.
During her legal studies Ms. Elkon served as a member of the editorial board of the Tel Aviv University Law Review.
Executive MBA, Kellogg-Northwestern University and the Tel Aviv University (joint degree) (2005)
LL.B., magna cum laude, Tel Aviv University (1999)
- Dean's List (1996)
2000, Israel Bar Association
E. Elkon, "Opportunity blows in on the wind of change," published in The Lawyer - UK (2016)
E. Elkon and E. Elya, "Recent Developments in Israeli Banking and Financial Markets," published in Global Banking and Financial Policy Review (2014/2015)
Research Assistant, Property Law (Prof. Nina Zaltzman) - Buchman Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University (1997-1998)
Hebrew, English and French
Chambers Global 2018 identified Elite Elkon as Up and Coming in the field of Banking and Finance, saying: "Elite Elkon is widely praised by commentators on her finance practice, who note her to be 'very smart, responsive and friendly.' One source said she has the 'great combination of a very personal and responsive approach with broad experience and view."
Chambers Global 2017 identified Elite Elkon as Up and Coming in the field of Banking and Finance, saying, "Elite Elkon's reputation continues to grow in this sphere as sources characterize her as "devoted to the client, results-driven" and "a very talented lawyer."
IFLR1000 2017 identified Elite Elkon as a Leading lawyer in the fields of Banking and Finance, and
Financial services regulatory.
The Legal 500 ranked Elite as Tier 1 in Banking and Finance, saying, "Elite Elkon is an ‘attentive and highly skilled lawyer’, who regularly acts for major lenders and borrowers on a broad range of issues including regulatory concerns."
The Legal 500 2016 recommended Elite Elkon as a Banking and Finance and Hi-tech, start-ups and venture capital lawyer who is "‘attentive and highly skilled lawyer" and ‘stands out for her responsiveness and dedication’
Chambers Global 2016 identified Elite Elkon as Up and Coming in the field of banking and finance, and who is often called upon by insurance companies and assists with syndicated loan matters.
The Legal 500 2015 recommended Elite Elkon as a Banking and Finance lawyer who is "one of the most effective attorneys in Israel in dealing with regulatory issues."
Chambers Global 2015 identified Elite Elkon as a "young talented lawyer" who is Up and Coming in the field of banking and finance, and who receives praise for her banking regulatory and cross-border financing work.
The Legal 500 2013 recommended Elite Elkon as a Banking and Finance lawyer who is an "Extremely effective dealmaker," and an "excellent model of efficiency, creativity and devotion to the client."