Mr. Cohen began his legal career at Gornitzky & Co. as a legal intern and in 2008, he was promoted to partner. Mr. Cohen Co-Heads Gornitzky's real estate and construction team.
Shlomo has experience in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate law, including planning and zoning, construction and development, selling or leasing of multiple housing units, real estate taxation, real estate transactions financing and income producing properties (particularly regarding shopping malls) and he frequently advises the firm's clients in those matters. Shlomo also has a vast experience in representing clients vis-à-vis different agencies such as Israel Land Administration and municipal authorities.
In addition, Shlomo represents clients in the sale and purchase of hotels in Israel and he represents one of the country's leading hotel chains in its corporate day-to-day matters.
Notable and recent representations:
- Coordinating the real estate sector of a leading real estate Group, including companies which are in the forefront of Israel's economy. In this capacity Shlomo handled the purchase of 70% of the capital stock of British - Israel Investments Ltd., the purchase of Ramat Aviv Mall, the purchase of Savyonim Mall, the sale of land in Hertzlia's marina, selling of commercial real estate all over Israel and provided continues legal advice regarding these clients ongoing income producing properties and registration matters.
- Sale and purchase of income producing properties in different areas of Israel
- Representing private companies in selling a compound in Ramat-Gan, a transaction estimated in about NIS 125 million.
- Representing a partnership in the purchase of over 500 dunams of land, valued at approximately NIS 900 million and up to NIS 3 billion.
- Representing one of Israel leading hotel chains in purchasing hotels in Eilat and handling the drafting of the leasing agreements and the management agreements regarding those hotels.
- Representing different buying groups in Tel-Aviv and in Beer-Sheva.
- Representing numerous apartments' purchasers in luxury buildings.
- In addition, Shlomi served as an associate editor in "Real Estate" magazine.
LL.M., cum laude, Bar-Ilan University (2001)
LL.B., magna cum laude, Bar-Ilan University (2001)
- Dean's List (1998, 2000)
2002, Israel Bar Association
Teaching Assistant, Hebrew Law (Prof. Shimshon Ettinger) - Faculty of Law, Bar-Ilan University (2000-2001)
Teaching Assistant, Labor Law (Prof. Zvi Schreiber) - Faculty of Law, Bar-Ilan University (2000-2001)
Hebrew and English
Gornitzky received a Dun's Star in Real Estate for 2017. Our Real Estate practice is co-headed by Shlomo Cohen (partner).
Chambers Global 2017 identified Shlomo Cohen as a leading lawyer in the field of Real Estate, saying, "he is well regarded for his expertise in transactions in this space and concentrates his practice on commercial developments, in particular those involving retail and shopping malls." An interviewee described Shlomo Cohen as "one of the best real estate deal makers I know."
The Legal 500 2016 identified Shlomo Cohen as a recommended lawyer in the field of Real Estate and Construction. The guide noted his key role in high profile transactions and clients described him as a 'very experienced in all kinds of real estate transactions’
Chambers Global 2016 identified Shlomo Cohen as a leading Real Estate lawyer, saying "If you want a deal done that doesn't have any flaws, Shlomo's the one you want working for you."
Chambers Global 2015 identified Shlomo Cohen as a leading Real Estate lawyer, who is praised for his "effective advice." A source described him as "one of my favourite lawyers."
Chambers Global 2014 recognized Shlomo Cohen as a leading Real Estate lawyer.
The Legal 500 2013 identified Shlomo Cohen as a recommended lawyer in the fields of Corporate and M&A, and Real Estate and Construction. The guide noted his key role in high profile transactions and clients described him as "a true real estate expert."
The Maariv newspaper labeled Shlomo Cohen a rising star in the Real Estate law practice. The newspaper also took notice of his ability to manage all real estate law matters of major corporate entities, despite being a relatively young leading lawyer in the field.
Chambers Global 2013 recognized Shlomo Cohen as a leading Real Estate lawyer, who was singled out by peers for his expertise in commercial and residential real estate law.
In a survey of all of Israel's leading lawyers, conducted by the Israeli newspaper Maariv, Mr. Shlomo Cohen received honorable mention as one of Israel's leading Real Estate and Construction lawyers.
Chambers Global 2012 recognized Shlomo Cohen as an Up and Coming Real Estate lawyer. They quote clients lauding him for his transactional nous saying, "He is very proficient in solving problems, conducting negotiations and structuring the deal."
Israeli newspaper Maariv named Shlomo Cohen among Israel's most promising young lawyers in the real estate practice. The article stated that Mr. Cohen is "only 36 years old and already considered to be one of Israel's leading lawyers in the field of real estate. He coordinates the representation of the Ofer Brothers Group in their real estate business”.
Expert Guides 2011 identified Mr. Cohen as one of Israel's leading lawyers in the fields of Construction and Real Estate.
Shlomo Cohen has been endorsed by Chambers Global 2011 as an Up and Coming Real Estate lawyer who is "very knowledgeable" and “dedicated to his work and helps to improve his clients’ business."