Mr. Belan joined Gornitzky & Co. as an associate in 2007 and has been a partner with the firm since 2011.
Prior to joining the firm, Timor served for 8 years in the Israel Defense Forces Military Advocate General's Corps. During this time, Timor held several legal positions, among them senior legal advisor in the Legal Advisory and Legislation Department and legal assistant to the Military Advocate General.
Mr. Belan was chosen as one of the 40 most promising young people of 2015 by the magazine “The Marker”.
Mr Belan has a diverse and varied practice. In his commercial matters Timor represents clients in various transactions, including both M&A in Israel and abroad. Notable among his many commercial cases is his representation of private investors and venture capital funds investing in various technological companies, representation of private equity funds in acquisitions of companies, representation of private investors and companies in M&A of public and private companies in Israel.
In addition to his commercial practice, Mr. Belan specializes in Finance and Banking. Timor has co represented, inter alia, the biggest banks in Israel in a wide range of cross-border financial transactions involving billions of shekels. He has also represented companies in debt settlement negotiations with the companies’ creditors as well as specializing in advising banks and representing them in complex civil, criminal and regulatory proceedings in Israel and abroad.
Mr Belan has also vast experience in the field of administrative law and has advised and represented various entities in this field, he has also co represented a number of clients with their petitions to the High Court of Justice.
Timor represented clients, inter alia, in the following matters:
- Sale of assets of a technology company to a large international corporation in the sum of over USD 100 million;
- Sale of a software company to a leading international software and hardware company which, in the process, established a R&D center in Israel;
- Sale of an Israeli company for the sum of USD 50 million, that develops, produces and markets consumer products to an international company trading in USA;
- Representing Chinese venture capital fund investing in Israeli technology companies in the range of tens of millions of dollars;
- Representing one of the leading private equity fund in Israel in a complex acquisition transactions involving acquisition of shares and assets from several countries;
- Investment of a public Israeli company in an Indian real estate company;
- Sale of the largest Israeli transport company for approximately tens of millions of dollars;
- Representation of a consortium of international banks in connection with a financing transaction of an Israeli technology and communication company totalling approximately USD 250 million;
- Representation of a consortium of international banks in connection with a financing transaction of a major Israeli government company totalling approximately USD 200 million;
- Representation of a consortium of Israeli banks in numerous financing transactions before Israeli companies, inter alia , in the field of transportation, technology and infrastructure;
- Representation of banking entities and their officers in securities law related offences and in money laundering offences;
- Representation of one of Israel’s largest banks in investigation proceedings in connection with a suspicion of aiding in committing tax offences.
Timor also represents clients in different banking issues and has represented one of Israel's largest banks in a vast Israeli and cross-border security and refinancing transaction of more than NIS 2 billion.
In addition, Timor represented companies in debt settlement negotiations with the companies creditors.
LL.M, magna cum laude, Commercial Law, Tel Aviv University in collaboration with University of California, Berkeley (2008)
LL.B, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1999)
2001, Israel Bar Association
2016, Member of Anti-Money Laundering Committee of the Israel Bar Association
Teaching Assistant, Tort Law (Prof. Ronen Perry) - Faculty of Law, Haifa University (2001-2002)
Hebrew and English