Mr. Yoav Meer has been a member of Gornitzky’s legal team since 2011, first as a legal intern and later as an associate. Yoav’s practice includes various types of corporate transactions, including M&A, IPO and capital markets, corporate finance, investment rounds and other forms of capital raising.
Yoav has been involved in the representation of both buyers and sellers in domestic and cross-border transactions, issuers and underwriters in equity offerings in the United States, and lenders and borrowers in debt financings and margin loan agreements. Yoav is also involved in advising clients on day to day corporate matters.
Yoav holds an LL.B. from Tel Aviv University, where he was also a member of the editorial board of the Tel Aviv Law Review and an LL.M. from New York University. During his studies, Yoav also took part in the annual premier moot court, adjudicated by a Supreme Court Justice and spent an exchange semester at Cornell University.
During 2010, he was a visiting fellow at the Sydney Centre for International Law at Sydney University and a member of Norton Rose Australia’s litigation team.
Yoav is the author of several publications on international and comparative law.
LL.M., New York University (2011)
LL.B., Tel Aviv University (2010)
2012, New York State Bar
2012, Israel Bar Association
- "Has the Time Come to Deregulate Israeli Capital Markets?" (Ta'agidim, 2012)
- "The Legal Dimensions of Cultural Property Ownership: Taking Away the Right to Destroy" (Aedon Journal of Arts and Law Online, 2011)
- "The Notion of State: The Palestinian’s National Authority’s Attempt to Bring a Claim in Front of the International Criminal Court Against Israel" (Global Administrative Law: Cases, Materials, Issues, 3rd ed., 2012)
- "The UN Global Compact: Ten Principles of Responsible Business Conduct" (Global Administrative Law: Cases, Materials, Issues, 3rd ed., 2012)
- "The Equator Principles: Voluntary Standards in Project Financing" (Global Administrative Law: Cases, Materials, Issues, 3rd ed., 2012)
- Teaching Assistant/Tutor, International Law, Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University (2012-2013)
- Visiting Fellow, Sydney Centre for International Law (2010)
Research Assistant, International Law (Professor Eyal Benvenisti), New York University School of Law (2009-2010)
Hebrew and English