Trusts, Estates & Private Wealth Management
Gornitzky & Co. has a stellar trusts, estates and private wealth management practice. We provide legal services designed to assist high net worth families and individuals in achieving their family planning and dispositive goals. Our lawyers advise clients in both their personal and business matters and provide ongoing legal assistance. With our extensive knowledge, we develop and implement structures that take into account our clients' values and philosophies, while providing flexibility for changing circumstances.
Our trusts, estates and private wealth management team, provides its clients with advice on a wide range of complex trust and succession issues, including:
- multi-generational asset transfers, wealth preservation, asset protection and contingency planning, for high net worth individuals and families, including family constitutions and governance, mitigation of exposure to tax (for both current and future generations), and complex corporate restructuring;
- preparation of wills, living wills and division of estate assets agreements, including related tax planning, probate and succession orders, appointment of guardians and advising guardians, heirs and executors;
- estate planning and management and ensuing tax issues;
- pre-nuptial and matrimonial relationships, including monetary rights of spouses and civil ("common law") partners;
- establishment of private revocable and irrevocable trusts and foundations in Israel and abroad, counsel to trustees and protectors;
- design and establishment of philanthropic structures, such as gifting strategies, trusts, private and public charitable foundations, non-profit organizations and other charitable planning;
- private international law, relating to foreign law as it applies to multi-jurisdictional estates and matrimonial relationships, including representation in litigation proceedings and dispute resolution of interfamilial disputes relating to the settlement of estates and the contestation of wills.
Ranked as Israel's top private wealth management law firm, by leading international and Israeli legal guides, our trusts, estates and private wealth management practice has more partners endorsed in this field than any other Israeli law firm. Our practice is further enhanced by the membership of some of our partners in STEP - The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Dun & Bradstreet's Dun's 100, a leading Israeli legal directory, recommended Gornitzky & Co. as a Top Tier law firm in the field of Private Clients, Trusts & Wealth Management.
BDI Code 2014, a leading Israeli legal directory, identified Gornitzky & Co. as a Top Tier law firm in the field of Private Wealth Management. This is the first year the guide gave rankings in this field of practice.
Dun & Bradstreet's Dun's 100, a leading Israeli legal directory, recommended Gornitzky & Co. as having one of Israel's leading Private Clients, Trusts & Wealth Management practices, while ranking the firm as Top Tier in this field.
The Legal 500 2013 ranked Gornitzky & Co. as a Top Tier Tax law firm that provides "an excellent level of service." The guide noted the firm's recent and notable representations in taxation matters, as well as the firm's experience in trusts and estates.
The firm's "well regarded" chairman, Pinhas Rubin, and "one of a kind" Gil Grady were identified as Leading lawyers in this field. Also recommended is Daniel Paserman, who "handles complex issues ‘creatively’."
The 2013 edition of the Citywealth Leaders List recognized Pinhas Rubin (Firm Chairman), Daphna Talgam (Partner), Daniel Paserman (Partner) and Aviram Handel (Partner) as leading lawyers in the field of Private Wealth Management.
This was the largest number of practitioners from any single Israeli firm to receive such recognition from the guide.
Gornitzky & Co. was identified by Citywealth Legal Guide for Private Wealth Management 2012 as a leading firm in the field of Private Clients. The firm was shortlisted in the category of 'International Law Firm of the Year - EMEA' as part of the Citywealth Magic Circle Awards 2012. Additionally, Aviram Handel was shortlisted in the category of 'International Lawyer of the Year'.