Ronit Rozenstein-Barel is a partner at Gornitzky & Co.
Ronit’s main practice areas are Infrastructure & Project Finance and Banking & Finance. As part of her Infrastructure & Project Finance practice, Ronit represents clients in the financing and all other legal aspects of large scale national infrastructure projects, including the representation of bidders in BOTPFI schemes in the sectors of transportation, water, energy and renewable energy. In her Banking & Finance practice, Ronit represents lenders and borrowers in a variety of finance transactions.
Recent notable project finance and banking experience includes:
- Pumped Storage Project in Cochav Hayarden – Representing Noy Fund in all aspects of the transactions of (i) Purchasing of up to 60% of the shares in the project company for approx. NIS 120M, (ii) Insertion of additional equity, subordinated loans and bonds by Noy Fund in an aggregate amount of approx. NIS 200M, and (iii) raising approx. NIS 150M required for the transactions from external lenders. The transactions were executed, in part, simultaneously with the project achieving financial close;
- PFI Project – Court House in Bat-Yam – Representation of Clal Insurance Company as a senior lender in the financing of a circa NIS 180,000,000 PFI project for the finance, design, construction and operation of a Court House in Bat- Yam, published by the State of Israel;
- Ashalim solar thermal power plant – Representation of Negev Energy, a company held by Shikun & Binui (50%), Noy Fund (40%) and Esersa Israel (10%), in the international financing of a circa USD 1,100,000,000 BOT project for a 121 MW solar energy thermal power plant;
- Representation of Shikun & Binui and Africa Israel Investments in the BOT tender for the extension of the Cross Israel Highway;
- Representation of H2ID (a company equally held by I.D.E. Technologies Ltd. and Shikun & Binui Ltd.), the project company of one of the world’s largest sea water desalination plants in the refinancing of part of its senior debt;
- Representation of Shikun & Binui throughout all tender and project phases including the circa NIS 700,000,000 financing of the PFI project for upgrade and maintenance of approximately 250 km of highway in the north of Israel;
- Representation of Clal, Harel and The Phoenix in the NIS 700,000,000 refinancing of the Mall Hayam shopping mall in Eilat.
- Representation of Melisron as a Lender in the NIS 670,000,000 refinancing of the Ofer Grand Kenyon shopping mall in Beer Sheva.
- Representation of Ofer Investment as a Borrower in the NIS 200,000,000 refinancing of an income-yield asset in Jerusalem.
During her legal studies, Ronit served as a member of the Haifa University online Law Review, “Hearat Dean”, in which she authored and published articles on recent developments in Israeli law.