Ronit Rozenstein-Barel is a partner at Gornitzky & Co.
Ronit’s main practice areas are Infrastructure, Energy & Project Finance. Ronit has extensive experience in public tenders, BOT / PFI schemes and in private initiative projects in the energy sector. Ronit represents clients in the tender process, the financing aspects and the negotiations of project agreements (including EPC & O&M contracts), large scale national infrastructure and energy projects in multiple industries, including transportation, water, conventional energy and renewable energy. In addition, Ronit acts for clients in sales and purchases of infrastructure and energy assets.
Recent notable Infrastructure and Project Finance experience includes:
- Ashalim Solar Thermal Power Plant – Representation of the Concessionaire (a company held by Shikun & Binui, Noy Fund and Esersa Israel) in the international financing of a circa USD 1,100,000,000 BOT project for a 121 MW solar energy thermal power plant and in all other aspects of the project (including EPC and O&M agreements);
- Hadera Water Desalination Facility – Representation of the Concessionaire (a Company held by Shikun &Binui and IDE Group) of the BOT project for a 127M cubic meter per annum desalination plant in Hadera, Israel including all EPC, O&M and finance aspects, financed by foreign commercial banks and EIB;
- Waste Treatment Plant – Representation of the Concessionaire (a Company held by Shikun & Binui and GES, a subsidiary of Azrieli Group ltd.,) in all project agreements and finance aspects of the municipal solid waste treatment plant, and the production of Electricity (Waste to Energy) BOT Project, at the Shafdan Area;
- Tel Aviv Metropolitan LRT – Representation of Siemens, which is part of a consortium that participates in the tender process of the Tel Aviv Metropolitan LRT “Green Line” and the “Purple Line” BOT tender, in all aspects with respect to the tender documents and aspects relating to client’s being a potential EPC and maintainer Contractor in the tender.
- Court House in Bat-Yam – Representation of Clal Insurance Company as a senior lender in the financing of a circa NIS 180,000,000 PFI project for the finance, design, construction and operation of a Court House in Bat- Yam, published by the State of Israel.
Recent notable Energy experience includes:
- Representing OPC Energy Ltd. in a transaction for the construction and operation of an independent power plant pursuant to the BOT project of the desalination facility Sorek B. The IPP shall supply all of the desalination facility’s electricity and thermal energy consumption.
- Representing OPC Energy Ltd. and Noy Fund in the tender held by the Electricity Authority as part of the electricity reform for the purchase of the 1,150 MW Power Plant at Ramat Hovav;
- Representing OPC Energy Ltd. in the tender held by the Electricity Authority as part of the electricity reform for the purchase of a 600 MW Power Plant at Alon Tavor, with an additional capacity to be constructed by the winning bidder;
- Representing Zomet Energy Ltd. in the process of the development of a 396MW installed capacity, gas fired, conventional power plant in Netiv Ha’ Lamed He, Israel;
- Representing OPC Energy, OPC Rotem and OPC Hedera in a transaction for combined electricity supply from OPC Rotem’s/OPC Hadera’s IPP (off-site) and from an on-site generation facility at the consumer’s site (“On-Site Facility”) to be constructed and operated by OPC Energy on a BOO or BOT basis, in all aspects (including EPC contract and LTSA).
Recent notable M&A experience includes:
- Represented Noy Fund in the negotiation process for a transaction that includes share purchase and loans agreements, related to a 344 MW pumped storage power plant in Cochav Hayarden;
- Representing Noy Infrastructure Fund in a transaction for the purchase from Hutchison International, the concessionaire in the BOT project for 150M cubic meter per annum desalination plant in Israel in Sorek;
- Representing OPC Solar Limited Partnership and OPC Energy Ltd. in a transaction for the sale of its shares in Greenday Renewable Energy Ltd., a company that handles the OPC Energy Group electricity generation activities using photovoltaic technology;
- Representing of a client in a transaction for the acquisition and allocation of controlling shares of a company specializing in waste treatment, including recycling, compost and landfill.