Ronit Rozenstein-Barel is a partner at Gornitzky & Co.
Ronit’s main practice areas are Infrastructure, Energy & Project Finance. Ronit has extensive experience in public tenders, BOT / PFI schemes and in private initiative projects in the energy sector. Ronit represents clients in the tender process, the financing aspects and the negotiations of project agreements (including EPC & O&M contracts), large scale national infrastructure and energy projects in multiple industries, including conventional energy, renewable energy, transportation, water and waste treatment. In addition, Ronit acts for clients in sales and purchases of infrastructure and energy assets.
Recent notable Infrastructure and Project Finance experience includes:
- Waste Treatment Plant in the Shafdan – Representation of the Concessionaire in the financial close of approximately 250 million $ BOT Project for the construction, operation and maintenance of a waste treatment facility in the Shafdan, which also includes the production of electricity using biogas technology, in all aspects (including the EPC and O&M agreements);
- Ashalim Solar Thermal Power Plant – Representation of the Concessionaire in the international financing of a circa USD 1,100,000,000 BOT project for a 121 MW solar energy thermal power plant and in all other aspects of the project (including EPC and O&M agreements);
- Hadera Water Desalination Facility – Representation of the Concessionaire of the BOT project for a 127M cubic meter per annum desalination plant in Hadera, Israel including all EPC, O&M and finance aspects, financed by foreign commercial banks and EIB;
- Tel Aviv Metropolitan LRT – Representation of a large international company in the tender process of the Tel Aviv Metropolitan LRT “Green Line” and the “Purple Line” BOT tender, in all aspects with respect to the tender documents and aspects relating to client’s being a potential EPC and Maintainer Contractor in the tender;
- Court House in Bat-Yam – Representation of financial institution as a senior lender in the financing of a circa NIS 180,000,000 PFI project for the finance, design, construction and operation of a Court House in Bat- Yam, published by the State of Israel.
Recent notable Energy experience includes:
- Power Plant – Desalination Facility Sorek B – Representing one of Israel’s leading energy company in a transaction for the construction and operation of an independent power plant pursuant to the BOT project of the desalination facility Sorek B. The IPP shall supply all of the desalination facility’s electricity and thermal energy consumption;
- Zomet Power Plant – Representing Zomet Energy Ltd. in a Project for the development, construction and operation of a 396MW installed capacity, gas fired, conventional power plant in Netiv Ha’ Lamed He, Israel;
- IEC’s Tenders for the Sale of Hagit, Ramat Hovav and Alon Tavor Power Plants – Representing bidders in the tender held by Israel Electricity Company, as part of the electricity reform for the purchase of IEC’s rights in the Hagit Power Plant, the Ramat Hovav Power Plant and Alon Tavor Power Plant;
- On-Site Facilities (“distributed production”) – Representing a leading energy company in a transaction for combined electricity supply from an independent power plant (off-site) and from an on-site generation facility at the consumer’s site, on a BOO or BOT basis, in all aspects (including EPC contract and LTSA);
- Tri-Genaration Facilities – Representing a client in a competitive process for construction of several “on-site” tri-generation facility, for the supply of electricity, thermal energy and cold water, and also for the supply of natural gas for the use of the client, on a BOO/BOT basis.
Recent notable M&A experience includes:
- Representing a leading investment fund in the negotiation process for a transaction that includes share purchase and loans agreements, related to a 344 MW pumped storage power plant in Cochav Hayarden;
- Representing a leading investment fund in a transaction for the purchasing shares of the concessionaire in the BOT project for 150M cubic meter per annum desalination plant in Israel in Sorek A;
- Representing a leading energy company in a transaction for the sale of its shares in a company that handles the client’s electricity generation activities using photovoltaic technology;
- Representing of a client in a transaction for the acquisition and allocation of controlling shares of a company specializing in waste treatment, including recycling, compost and landfill.