Ms. Weiss served as a legal intern to the firm chairman, Adv. Pinhas Rubin, at Gornitzky & Co. and has been an associate with the firm since 2014.
Shani specializes in diversified and complex civil and commercial litigation cases, both of national and international nature, in a wide range of fields, including, inter alia, complex capital market matters, shareholder disputes, bankruptcy and liquidation, tenders, derivative actions, class actions and commercial litigation in various complicated matters such as energy sector, oil and gas, etc.
Shani has vast experience in litigating cases before various instances in the Israeli Court system (including the Supreme Court) as well as in conducting arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Shani also provides her clients (including individuals and corporations, both foreign and domestic), with legal advice on ongoing corporate commercial matters, as well as legal advice throughout various types of commercial transactions.
Notable recent representations include:
- Representation of oil and gas companies in recent high volume proceedings regarding royalties in oil and gas reservoirs in Israel;
- Representation of a leading traded company in complex capital markets class action;
- Representation of an international pharma company in a high profile slander claim;
- Representation of the Tel Aviv stock exchange in a complex litigation case;
- Representation of the liquidators of a company that was controlled by the state of Israel in a lawsuit against the shareholders of the company that caused the company to collapse, inter alia, due to thin capitalization, leaving debts of hundreds of millions of NIS;
- Representation of the liquidators of a company in a claim against former directors and controlling shareholder for breach of their duties;
- Representation of a leading European public company in litigation regarding a possible investment in an Israeli start-up investment-firm.