The Tax lawyers at Gornitzky & Co. are at the forefront of the Israeli tax practice and are considered leading tax practitioners. For more than 50 years, we have been representing clients in Israeli courts, including the Supreme Court of Israel, and have won many breakthrough cases.
Gornitzky’s Tax team routinely advises clients in:
- Developing tax-efficient structures for transnational projects, mergers and acquisitions, complex reorganizations, leveraged buyouts, spinoffs and liquidations;
- Innovative international tax planning, including aspects arising from cross-border transactions, intra-group arrangements, multi-jurisdictional activities;
- Negotiations with the Israel Tax Authority, including requests for pre-rulings;
- Transfer pricing issues and negotiating advanced transfer pricing agreements with the Israel Tax Authority;
- Civil and criminal tax litigation and appeals;
- Tax structuring solutions in connection with the resolution of major disputes;
- Voluntary disclosure programs;
- Worldwide tax matters of high-net worth individuals and families, including tax planning following immigration to/from Israel;
- Taxation of trusts and estates, including international tax aspects, tax planning and multi-generational transfer of assets;
- Tax planning aspects arising from new tax legislations;
- Real estate taxation, including tax planning both for domestic (inbound) and international (outbound) transactions;
- Value Added Tax (VAT) matters, including special provisions that apply to financial institutions and non-profit organizations;
- Employee stock option plans
- International trade taxes (customs duties, anti-dumping levies, etc.);
- Indirect taxes including, inter alia, purchase tax and excise.
Tax partners in our firm are members of the Israel Bar Association tax committee and have previously directed the committee. In addition, tax partners in our firm have served as members of several governmental tax committees and continuously advise the Israel Tax Authority on various complex tax matters.
In addition, some of our tax practitioners are certified public accountants or have additional degrees (e.g., in accounting and economics). These advantages enable us to provide better services to our clients and stans as a distinguishing feature of our firm.
Members of our tax team regularly publish articles in well-known Israeli newspapers and publications.
Our tax lawyers work seamlessly with the firm’s other practices and utilize their joint knowledge and experience to provide advice in the areas of M&A, real estate, capital markets, corporate and commercial transactions, fund formation and more.