Aviram Handel began is a partner at Gornitzky & Co.
Aviram advises individuals and fiduciaries within Israel and internationally, on the full range of legal aspects pertaining to Trusts, Estates and Private Wealth Management.
Aviram’s practice is focused on advising private clients in matters of family wealth planning, family dynasty trusts, estate planning for high-net-worth individuals, wealth preservation and wills. He is trusted by some of the country’s wealthiest persons and families as a trustee and as their private wealth management lawyer. He also handles matters of probating wills in Israel and handling the Israeli portion of estates probated outside of Israel.
Aviram’s practice also includes pre-nuptial agreements and monetary rights of spouses and common law spouses.
Additionally, Aviram advises families with international connections on the legal and tax issues of business succession, governance and charitable donations.
Furthermore, Aviram also represents clients in matters of corporate, commercial and real estate transactions.
Some highlights of Aviram’s matters include, inter alia:
- Representation of several ultra high net worth individuals with investments and interests in many businesses around the world. Aviram advised them throughout the detailed and complicated process of their move to Israel, which entailed many complex family and trust issues.
- Representation of several local and international philanthropic groups over the years, assisting in the establishment of various philanthropic structures, and advising HNWI in achieving missions. This includes but is not limited to, establishment of philanthropic structures, such as gifting strategies, trusts, private and public charitable foundations, non-profit organizations and other charitable planning.
- Aviram has been representing various legal aspects, including family and trust planning across several continents, inter-family relations with the clients’ children and charitable activities around the world, including the formation of charitable trust foundations.
- Representation of well-known families, with regard to complex restructuring of family holdings by means of adopting “family governance”, in order to preserve the family business in future generations, including, inter alia, drafting shareholders agreements, pre-nuptial agreements, wills, trusts etc.
- Aviram has acted, on several occasions, as the lead counsel and advisor to executors of estates, including those of ultra high net worth individuals. This includes, among others, the executing of estate distribution agreements, tax consultation, litigation before various courts and tribunals, representation of heirs and representation vis-à-vis creditors of the estate.
- Representation of many clients in the Israeli courts in a wide range of legal disputes, e.g. the adoption of foreign law and the law to be applied to specific estates, enforcement of foreign arbitration awards, divorce cases and others.