Timor Belan is a partner at Gornitzky & Co. and since 2020 has been a member of the firm’s executive committee.
Prior to joining Gornitzky, Timor served for eight years in the Military Advocate General’s Corps in various positions, including as senior legal advisor in the Advisory and Legislation Department and legal assistant to the Chief Military Advocate General.
Timor was named one of The Marker Magazine’s 40 Promising Young Individuals of 2015.
Timor’s expertise spans across diverse areas of practice.
In the field of commercial law, his experience includes various types of transactions, including representing sellers and buyers in mergers and acquisitions in Israel and around the world, as well as private investors and venture capital funds in investment rounds in technology companies across numerous fields.
Timor specializes in the field of international compliance and investigations and represents clients in white-collar cases. Timor advises public companies, banks, financial institutions and their executives on compliance issues related to money laundering, anti-corruption, cyber and privacy, securities and other matters. He also represents clients in this area in complex legal proceedings, including, civil, criminal and regulatory proceedings, both in Israel and abroad.
Timor’s extensive experience in this area includes representing financial institutions and international companies in sensitive regulatory matters before law enforcement authorities in Israel and abroad, and accompanying companies in conducting internal investigations and audits. Timor has led internal investigative proceedings that have been conducted across several continents in collaboration with some of the world’s leading law firms.
In one of the largest and most significant cases conducted in Israel, Timor directly managed dozens of legal staff members recruited specifically for a large-scale proceeding with vast financial implications conducted by U.S. regulators.
Timor also has extensive experience in the field of finance and banking. Timor has represented the largest banks in Israel in a wide range of local and cross-border financing transactions amounting to billions of shekels, as well as having represented companies in debt settlement proceedings with their creditors.
Representative matters include:
- Representation of one of the largest banks in Israel in U.S. investigative proceedings in connection with accusations of aiding and abetting tax offenses by the bank;
- Representation of a banking corporation and its directors and officers in criminal proceedings for money laundering and fraud offenses;
- Representation of a controlling shareholder and chairman of the board of a public company on suspicion of insider trading offenses;
- Representation of a corporation with an international presence on suspicion of aiding and abetting bribery;
- Sale of assets of a technology company to a large international corporation for over $100 million;
- Sale of a software company to a leading international software company in the field of software and hardware and accompanying the company in establishing a research and development center in Israel;
- Sale of an Israeli company in the field of development, production and marketing of consumer products to an international company traded in the United States for more than $50 million;
- Representation of a Chinese venture capital fund in a series of investment transactions in technology companies in Israel, amounting to tens of millions of dollars;
- Representation of one of the leading private equity funds in Israel in a complex acquisition transaction that combined share acquisition transactions and asset acquisition transactions in several countries;
- Investment of a public Israeli company in an Indian real estate company;
- Sale of one of the largest transportation companies in Israel for tens of millions of shekels;
- Representation of a consortium of international banks in connection with an approximately $250 million loan facility granted to a technology and communications company in Israel;
- Representation of a consortium of international banks in connection with an approximately $200 million local facility granted to a large Israeli governmental company.