Yaron Elhawi is a partner at Gornitzky & Co. .
Yaron main practice area is restructuring and insolvency. He leads complex insolvency cases, including representation of liquidators, creditors’ composition, representation of high level management in the framework of liquidator’s claims and other functionaries. His experience also includes handling a wide range of bankruptcy, debt arrangements and corporate restructuring related cases.
Additionally, Yaron represents clients in complex litigation cases in the field of corporate and securities, including representing clients in court, arbitration, dispute resolution procedures, shareholders claims, minority oppression and proceedings according to the Israeli securities act.
Yaron also represents the firm’s clients in M&A transactions, including purchasing activities of commercial companies, purchasing agencies and distribution rights, and provides continuous legal advice to public Israeli companies’ directorates and managements.
As a specialist in real estate, Yaron is consulting clients in legal aspects of zoning, planning and construction, and he has been involved in construction and acquisition transactions of real estate.
Yaron’s experience includes representation of clients in the following matters:
- Debt arrangements of a public company with the company’s bondholders comprising of individuals and financial institutions. In the scope of the representation the matter included unification and replacement of bonds.
- Representation of a leading business group in an acquisition transaction with a public company. Both companies are active in the Israeli energy and real estate sectors.
- Representation of high level executive in a legal dispute regarding allegations in relation to the company’s dividends.
- Representation of public company in a reverse triangular merger which led to the de-listing of the company.
- Representation of individuals who are, allegedly, the former executives of a company in a lawsuit filed by the company’s liquidator in the sum of approx. NIS 500 million.