Hila Shimon is a partner in Gornitzky & Co.
Hila specializes in representing clients in white-collar crime cases and in a variety of litigation and dispute resolution proceedings.
Hila has extensive experience in representing clients in all areas of white-collar crimes, including economic offenses, tax offenses, securities offenses, fraud, bribery and corruption, money laundering and offenses in the areas of occupational safety, planning and construction, and business licensing.
Among other things, Hila accompanies corporations, executives, and officers in white-collar crime cases starting from the stages of investigation, the arrest and release, including forfeiture and seizures, and through to preliminary and hearing proceedings, and ending with the conduct of the legal proceedings. Hila also has extensive experience in managing administrative enforcement proceedings before various courts, including before the Administrative Enforcement Committee of the Securities Authority.
Hila provides her clients with legal advice also in the area of compliance and internal enforcement, including compliance with securities laws, bribery and corruption laws, anti-money laundering laws (including diamond transactions and reduced cash use), occupational safety and violations and offenses in the field of planning and construction and the provisions of the Business Licensing Law.
Hila lectures to corporations and organizations in a variety of areas related to white-collar crimes and administrative enforcement proceedings, such as prohibition on use of inside information, criminal offenses under the Securities Act, the importance of enforcement plans and their implementation in accordance with various laws such as securities, bribery and corruption, occupational safety, and more.
Hila’s clients include the leading corporations in the Israeli economy – both public and private companies, including insurance companies, real estate, industry, transportation, hotels, and Israeli and foreign banking institutions, as well as many executives and officers.
Prior to joining the firm of Gornitzky & Co., Hila served as a criminal defense attorney in the Public Defender’s Office and has extensive experience in representing in detention proceedings and in protecting defendants in criminal and administrative proceedings.
Among her latest cases, you may find:
- Representation of a leading company in the Israeli economy in a complex criminal proceeding in which it was charged with bribery, receiving items fraudulently, money laundering, and false registration in corporation documents. Following a hearing before the Tel Aviv District Attorney’s Office, it was decided to refrain from filing an indictment against the company.
- Representation of a leading insurance company in Israel, in a criminal proceeding against the company and an officer in the Tel Aviv Magistrate’s Court. The company and the officer were charged with offenses under the Income Tax Ordinance, as well as receiving items fraudulently, and executive offenses in a corporation.
- Accompanying an investment bank in the framework of investigative proceedings conducted by the tax authorities.
- Representation of an investment company and its officers in administrative enforcement proceedings before the Securities Authority, in connection with suspected violations in the field of prohibition of the use of inside information.
- Representation of a Chief Business Officer in a public real estate company suspected of a series of securities offenses, theft by a manager, fraud and breach of trust in a corporation and aiding theft. In this context, a hearing procedure was conducted before the Tax and Economics Prosecutor’s Office, after which it was decided not to file an indictment against the officer.
- Representation of a group of companies in the field of real estate and investments in a criminal proceeding concerning offenses of rigging shares and fraudulently influencing the value of a security on the stock exchange. The case was heard before the Economic Department of the Tel Aviv District Court and the appeal procedure was conducted before the Supreme Court.
- Representation of a senior manager in a criminal investigation and a hearing procedure on suspicion of committing inside information offenses and receiving items fraudulently.
- Representation of one of the largest retail companies in the economy in an investigation of the Securities Authority on suspicion of committing violations of bribes to a foreign public employee and receiving items fraudulently.
Prior to her admission to the Israel Bar Association, Hila worked for the Ministry of Defense for more than 5 years.
During her studies, Hila was a member of the Criminal Law Clinic of the Faculty of Law at Bar-Ilan University, where she was awarded the “David Wiener Scholarship” for excellence.