Shlomo Cohen is a partner at Gornitzky & Co and heads of Real Estate, Construction, Planning and Zoning practice.
Shlomo has experience in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate law, including planning and zoning, construction and development, selling or leasing of multiple housing units, real estate taxation, real estate transactions financing and income producing properties (particularly regarding shopping malls) and he frequently advises the firm’s clients in those matters. Shlomo also has a vast experience in representing clients vis-à-vis different agencies such as Israel Land Administration and municipal authorities.
Shlomo considered one of Israel’s leading experts and respected attorneys in the area of retail properties and shopping malls, as well as transactions involving hotels – representing one of the country’s leading hotel chains in its ongoing corporate and commercial matters.
In addition, Shlomo represents clients in the sale and purchase of hotels in Israel and he represents one of the country’s leading hotel chains in its corporate day-to-day matters.
Notable and recent representations:
- Representation of Melisron Ltd., controlled by the Ofer Brothers Group, in the purchase of the Ramat-Aviv and Savyonim malls from Africa Israel (TASE: AFIL), controlled by businessman Mr. Lev Leviev, for approximately NIS 1.35 billion.
- Representation of Melisron Ltd. in the real-estate, M&A and acquisition financing aspects of a transaction in which it purchased 70% of the capital stock of British-Israel Investments Ltd. (TASE: BRTS) for approximately NIS 1.7 billion. Upon completion of the deal, Melisron-British is now one of the largest groups in the Israeli shopping malls industry.
- Representation of Fattal Group in a sale and leaseback transaction, of a portfolio of 18 hotels located in 12 cities in Germany, valued at EUR 400 million. The purchaser and lessor are Pandox Hotels, a leading Swedish hotel owner listed on the Stockholm Exchange. Concurrent to the sale Fattal Group has signed a long-term lease agreement with regards to the hotels that were sold.
- Representation of H2ID, a company held by D.E. Technologies Ltd. (a subsidiary of Israel Chemicals Ltd. (TASE: ICL) and Delek Infrastructures Ltd.) and Shikun & Binui Ltd. (TASE: SKBN), in the construction (and further extension) and operation of a major NIS 1.25 billion desalination facility in the city of Hadera.
- Representation of G4S Group and Shikun & Binui Ltd. (TASE: SKBN) – as shareholders in equal parts of Policity Ltd., which was declared the preferred bidder in the NIS 1.2 billion tender for the design, finance, construction, operation and maintenance of the national training center of the Israeli Police for a period of 25 years. The project will include training facilities, firing ranges, sports and other facilities in 42,000 square meters of buildings on a 230-dunam (57.5-acre) site.
- Representation of SodaStream International Ltd. (NASDAQ: SODA) with regard to a major project in southern Israel, which includes the construction of four new factories, as well as several warehouses, service center and offices on approximately 85 dunam.
- Representation of the private owners of approximately 100 dunam of land in a zoning change procedure. Upon successful completion, the zoning will allow for the construction of approximately 480 residential units and an 800 square meter commercial center.
- Representation of Israel’s largest hotel chain, Fattal Hotels Ltd., in signing a NIS 75 million agreement for the construction and partial renovation of a hotel in the city of Rehovot. The transaction also included a long-term lease agreement of the asset.
- Coordinating the real estate sector of a leading real estate Group, including companies which are in the forefront of Israel’s economy. In this capacity Shlomo handled the purchase of 70% of the capital stock of British – Israel Investments Ltd., the purchase of Ramat Aviv Mall, the purchase of Savyonim Mall, the sale of land in Hertzelia’s marina, selling of commercial real estate all over Israel and provided continues legal advice regarding these clients ongoing income-producing properties and registration matters.
- Sale and purchase of income-producing properties in different areas of Israel.
- Representing private companies in selling a compound in Ramat-Gan, a transaction estimated at about NIS 125 million.
- Representing a partnership in the purchase of over 500 dunams of land, valued at approximately NIS 900 million and up to NIS 3 billion.
- Representing one of Israel leading hotel chains in purchasing hotels in Eilat and handling the drafting of the leasing agreements and the management agreements regarding those hotels.
- Representing different buying groups in Tel-Aviv and in Beer-Sheva.
- Representing numerous apartments’ purchasers in luxury buildings.
- In addition, Shlomi served as an associate editor in “Real Estate” magazine.