Elite Elkon is a partner at Gornitzky & Co. .
Elite specializes in mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance (large scale, cross-border financing transactions, as well as regulatory matters), and international commercial transactions.
In recent years, she has acted in the following matters:
- Representation of Israeli and foreign corporations in cross-border M&A transactions;
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in financing and security transactions, including cross-border transactions and regulatory matters;
- Representation of large Israeli banks and their respective controlling shareholders in relation to control permits and banking-related legislation and regulation, including vis-à-vis the Bank of Israel;
- Cross-border transactions with respect to hotel management agreements, and the sale and purchase of hotels;
- Representation of clients in commercial transactions and investments;
- Representation of the control holders of major Israeli insurance companies in matters concerning insurance-related legislation, including vis-a-vis the Capital Markets, Insurance and Savings Commissioner.
Recent matters handled by Elite include:
- Representation of Delek Group in the sale of a controlling interest and additional shares in The Phoenix Holdings Ltd. (TASE: PHOE1) to Fosun Group.
- Representation of Isramco Negev 2 L.P. (TASE: ISRA.L) vis-à-vis a consortium led by Deutsche Bank and Natixis Bank in a USD 750 million financing transaction and a USD 500 million refinancing transaction for the development of the “Tamar” natural gas field, the first financing of its kind in Israel.
- Representation of leading financial institutions in a loan secured by real estate assets.
- Representation of a foreign publically-traded company in the securitization of its cash flows from oil and gas royalties.
- Representation of one of the world’s leading private equity and investment advisory firms in the bid process for the acquisition of a subsidiary of a global energy and natural resources conglomerate.
- Representation of an Israeli subsidiary of a major international corporation (an S&P Global 100 company, listed on the NYSE and on several European stock exchanges) in cross-border sales of solar fields.
- Representation of the Israeli distributor of Phillip Morris, the leading international tobacco company, in the sale of its business to Philip Morris Ltd., an Israeli subsidiary of the International Philip Morris group.
During her legal studies, Elite served as a member of the editorial board of the Tel Aviv University Law Review.