Elite Elkon is a partner at Gornitzky & Co.
Elite specializes in mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance (large scale, cross-border financing transactions, as well as regulatory matters), and international commercial transactions.
In recent years, she has acted in the following matters:
- Representation of Israeli and foreign corporations in cross-border M&A transactions;
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in financing and security transactions, including cross-border transactions and regulatory matters;
- Representation of large Israeli banks and their respective controlling shareholders in relation to control permits and banking-related legislation and regulation, including vis-à-vis the Bank of Israel;
- Cross-border transactions with respect to hotel management agreements, and the sale and purchase of hotels;
- Representation of clients in commercial transactions and investments;
- Representation of the control holders of major Israeli insurance companies in matters concerning insurance-related legislation, including vis-a-vis the Capital Markets, Insurance and Savings Commissioner.
Recent matters handled by Elite include:
- Representation of international private equity fund Warburg Pincus, in its acquisition of Leumi Card from Bank Leumi and the Azrieli Group, in a transaction valued at NIS 2.5 billion. This was the first transaction to implement the recommendations of the Committee for Increasing Competition in Common Banking Financial Services (“The Strum Committee”), to separate the credit card companies from the banks, in order to increase competition in the Israeli banking sector.
- Representation of Delek Group in its sale of its controlling stake in Phoenix, the holding company of one of Israel’s largest insurance companies and one of the country’s largest investment houses (Excellence), to Centerbridge and Gallatin, global private equity funds.
- Representation of Phoenix Insurance Group in investments and financing transactions in the UK and the US.
- Representation of Clal Insurance Group in investments and financing transactions in the US.
- Representation of Hapoalim Capital Markets (HCM) in their investment initiative in “Bait Bakfar”. HCM signed the shareholder agreement with the Blustein family, who are the controlling shareholders.
During her legal studies, Elite served as a member of the editorial board of the Tel Aviv University Law Review.