Nir Keidar is a partner at Gornitzky & Co.
Nir specializes in complex International Arbitrations, representing his clients in proceedings under the rules of various arbitral bodies as well as in ad-hoc proceedings, a field in which Gornitzky is proud to be ranked Tier 1 by Legal 500 as “an excellent Israeli law firm with good international connections’ and ‘experience going up against some of the world’s top-tier firms“.
Nir’s International Arbitration experience spans a range of industry sectors including construction, energy and natural resources, banking and financial services insurance and M&A.
In 2019 Nir has been recognized by Legal 500 as a ‘Next Generation Lawyer’, inter alia, due to its “recent success in a high-value ICC arbitration where the team acted as lead counsel in a dispute involving the construction of the largest private power plant in Israel.”
Nir also represents the firms’ clients in complex Israel and transnational litigation, primarily when such litigation involves matters of Public International Law, Anti-terrorism or AML.
Nir’s practice also focuses on cross-border banking and finance transactional and regulatory work, as well as the provision of legal advice on Public International Law
Prior to joining the firm, Nir served for over nine years in the Israel Defense Forces Military Advocate General’s Corps. During this time, Nir held several legal positions, among them Head of Section in the International Law Department, military prosecutor and legal advisor in Judea and Samaria. Nir was also a member of the Israeli delegation to several United Nations fora, including the Committee on the Rights of the Child and Israel’s Universal Periodic Review before the Human Rights Council.
During his service, Nir advised Israel’s security administration and government ministries on matters of national security and international relations within the fields of International Law (including International Humanitarian, Telecommunications and Water Law), and Constitutional and Administrative Law. Nir was also involved in negotiating and drafting agreements with various international and regional parties, as well as in the litigation of disputes before Israeli courts, including the High Court of Justice.
Nir’s recent representations include:
- Successfully acted for a major construction company at an ICC London seat arbitration pertaining to the construction of the largest private power plant in Israel in which clients ultimately were awarded with a US$20 million award;
- Successfully acted for an Israeli public construction company in an ICC London seat arbitration and mediation against a large US construction company in relation to a military construction project in Israel;
- Acting for one of the world’s largest mineral mining companies in a EURO 80 million dispute with a Geneva seat under the UNCITRAL rules pertaining to a power plant construction agreement.
- Acting for a leading global private equity fund in a price adjustment arbitration relating to an M&A transaction with a fortune 500 company.
- Acting for an Israeli consulting firm in a LCIA arbitration pertaining to a dispute relating to fees claims by its representative in an Asian country.
- Acting for an Israeli construction company in obtaining temporary measures in support of an ICC arbitration as well as in ICC arbitration and mediation relating to a the construction of a renewable power plan in Israel.