Gornitzky & Co. is one of few Israeli firms with substantial experience in international arbitration and transnational litigation.
Gornitzky’s International Arbitration practice is regularly recognized as a Tier 1 practice for Dispute Resolution: Mediation and International Arbitration by Legal 500, which describes the practice as “absolutely unrivalled in Israel”
The Gornitzky International Arbitration practice is the largest in Israel fully dedicated to international arbitration; the practice’s success rates and diverse sector experience is second to none in Israel and out lawyers have vast experience representing clients under the rules of all major arbitration institutions, including the ICC, UNCITRAL LCIA, TAI and others.
Our lawyers draw their experience in multiple sectors in order to successfully cater to clients’ needs throughout the entire life cycle of complex multi-jurisdictional disputes – including providing advice in the early stages of deal structuring (e.g. drafting arbitration clauses and advising on the potential protection afforded by bilateral investment treaties); providing guidance on available commercial and legal options when a dispute arises, while understanding the expenses and disruptions incurred to business from legal disputes; and ultimately by handling international arbitration, litigation and alternative dispute resolution methods, as applicable.
The International Arbitration practice is particularly active in representing clients in energy, construction and infrastructure international disputes, as well as M&A and shareholders related disputes and has substantial experience in handling complex multi-jurisdictional matters as lead counsel and alongside leading international law firms. The team is well experienced in representing client before foreign courts and before all international arbitration institutes.
We are also highly active in enforcement work and offer clients help in enforcing or defending against the enforcement of local and international arbitral awards and foreign judgments in the Israeli courts, as well as in obtaining measures from the Israeli courts in support of international proceedings.
In addition to our important client work, we annually lead the Tel-Aviv Arbitration Day, a four day international arbitration conference held in Tel-Aviv and participated by hundreds of the world’s leading arbitration practitioners. Our lawyers lecture on arbitration related issues throughout the world and are regular panelist in symposiums and conferences.
Notable recent representations include:
- Successfully acted for one of the world’s largest mineral mining companies in a dispute under the UNCITRAL rules pertaining to a power plant construction agreement which concluded with our client benefiting from a EUR €62 million settlement agreement.
- Successfully acted for shareholders of an international cosmetics company in an ICC shareholders dispute in which clients ultimately enjoyed a US$50 million
- Successfully acted for a major construction company in an ICC arbitration pertaining to the construction of the largest private power plant in Israel, in which our client was awarded a US$20 million award.
- Successfully acted for a leading global Private Equity fund in a price adjustment arbitration pertaining to an M&A transaction with a Fortune 500 company, in which our client was awarded with a US$2.7 million award.
- Successfully acted for an Israeli public construction company in an ICC arbitration and mediation against a large US corporate pertaining to the construction of a military project in Israel.
- Acting for a Thai/Israeli partnership in a THB 350 million dispute in front of the Thai Arbitration Institute in a dispute pertaining to the construction of a luxury high-rise residence building in Bangkok.
- Acting for an Israeli consulting firm in a LCIA arbitration pertaining to a finder’s fee dispute with its representative in an Asian country.
- Acting for an Israeli construction company in multiple ICC arbitrations and an ICC mediation pertaining to the construction of a major renewable power plant, including by obtaining temporary measures in support of the arbitration in the Israeli courts.
- Acting for a Turkish company in enforcing an arbitration award in Israel.
- Acting for the estate of a high net worth individual in a commercial dispute under the rules of the Commercial Arbitration Court in Hungary.