Ofer Tzur is a partner in Gornitzky & Co, and is the Head of the Litigation Department at the firm.
During the past twenty four years Ofer has been involved both in large-scale transactions and complex commercial litigation. Ofer’s experience in the many diverse areas of commercial law has enabled him to develop top expertise in representing clients in court, in some of the largest and most significant commercial disputes in Israel and abroad. In addition, Ofer continues to be involved in commercial and real estate transactions.
As part of his Restructuring & Insolvency practice, Ofer has advised in and led some of the most complex and significant restructurings and insolvency proceedings, creditors arrangements and bankruptcy proceedings in Israel. In this respect, he has represented controlling shareholders of debtor companies, as well as creditors and debtors.
Ofer is also involved in advising suspects and those accused of white collar crime in significant cases as well as representing clients in large-scale commercial transactions. Ofer gained a noteworthy reputation for his ability to manage sensitive commercial proceedings in family law matters involving large amounts of money and assets. Ofer represents high net worth individuals in personal disputes, complex probate cases as well as commercial disputes associated with family law and estates.
Additionally, Ofer lectures at conferences and workshops organized by the Bar Association and at various public corporations as well as serving as Chairman of the Committee of the Supreme Court of the Israel Bar Association.
In a survey conducted by Forbes magazine in 2004 of lawyers at the 100 largest law firms in Israel, Ofer was elected as one of the most promising commercial lawyers in Israel. He has since been mentioned in the media as one of the most senior and prominent lawyers when it comes to litigation in Israel as well as frequently ranked in international and local ratings directories as one of the most prominent and leading litigator in Israel.
As Head of the Litigation Department, Ofer has dealt with, inter alia, the following issues:
- Representation of legal proceedings related to capital market and securities;
- Representation of controlling shareholders, shareholders and partners in disputes among the controlling owners of the corporations;
- Representation of corporations and directors (personally) in derivative actions and other actions against them;
- Representation of corporations, including various insurance companies, in defending against class actions;
- Representation of corporations and individuals in claims involving the deprivation of the rights of minority shareholders in public companies;
- Representation of concerns in the infrastructure and energy fields, in legal disputes with the State of Israel and foreign countries;
- Representation of investors in disputes with venture capital funds;
- Representation of financial corporations, including investment banks and venture capital funds;
- Representation of partners in substantial ownership and control disputes;
- Representation of corporations and individuals in civil lawsuits against the income tax authorities;
- Representation of some of the largest Israeli corporations in the Administrative Courts and in the Supreme Court of Justice, in matters relating to tenders, in administrative petitions against the state and its authorities;
- Representations of defendants in white-collar crimes (taxation).