Kfir Yadgar is a managing partner at Gornitzky & Co. and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Since joining Gornitzky & Co. in 2002 Kfir represented some of the firm’s most notable clients in a wide range of practice areas. His areas of expertise are broad and diverse and include provisions of legal and consulting services. Kfir’s experience spans a broad range of practices such as Commercial and Corporate Law, Litigation and Dispute resolution in and outside the courtroom, resolving shareholder activism and proxy fights, Insolvency and Financing, and many more.
Kfir has a unique and extensive experience in a broad range of subjects pertaining to the hospitality and transport industries in Israel. He represented our clients in some of the most noteworthy deals and disputes in these practice areas over the years. Moreover, Kfir regularly consults some of Israel’s market leaders on regulatory and commercial issues such as lease and sale deals, joint ventures, tender offers, and infrastructure projects.
He provides commercial legal advice to Israeli and international clients on a broad spectrum of practice areas. His holistic view of our clients’ affairs is guided by the interplay between the legal and commercial considerations, providing them with a tailor-made solution. It is his unique insight that pushes our clients’ affairs forward without compromising the optimal legal outcome.
Kfir represents some of the largest entities in the Israeli economy, including leading private and public corporations, such as the Fattal Group, the Dan Public Transport Group, the Discount Investments Group, and the Ofer-Melisron Group, the Nitsba Group, the Emilia Development Group, the Brown Group, the Hotel Association, the Brosh Fund, the Israel Football Association, and many more.
Some of Kfir most notable recent cases include:
- Representation in shareholder activism battles for control in various companies such as Alcobra, Kamada, Can-Fite BioPharma, B.O.S., and Brack NV.
- Representation of, and provision of legal services to, IDB Development, including in regulatory and litigation aspects. Representation in petitions to the High Court of Justice against the Israeli Capital Markets, Insurance, and Savings Commissioner; in petitions for injunctions to halt swap transactions; in bankruptcy proceedings filed against it; and in the restructuring of its outstanding debt;
- The sale of significant holdings in Clal Holdings and Insurance Business, a prominent institutional investor traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, in three separate transactions, for a total value of hundreds of millions of shekels.
- Representation of Shufersal, Israel’s largest retail chain, in litigation proceedings in connection with the termination of its joint venture with Leumi Card, with respect to the issuance of credit cards for Shufersal’s Members Club, and the establishment of a new venture with C.A.L.
- Representation of Property and Building Corporation (PBC), and the filing of a claim in the amount of NIS 100 million asserting breach of an agreement for the acquisition of Ispro.
- Representation of one of Israel’s leading real-estate companies in the proceedings to dissolve the co-ownership of a significant division of land and commercial space and enforcing significant real-estate agreements.
- Representation of, and provision of legal services to Fattal, the largest and leading hotel chain in Israel, among others, in transactions to acquire hotels in Israel and overseas; the management and operation of a VIP terminal at Ben Gurion International Airport; lease transactions, hotel management and operation agreements in scopes of hundreds of millions of shekels; the sale of the Royal Berlin Hotel, as well as provision of ongoing legal advice.
- Representation of and provision of legal services to the Israel Hotel Association, spanning various regulatory aspects, including in petitioning to the High Court of Justice against the Israel Tax Authority and Airbnb, with respect to the failure to enforce the state’s income tax laws and regulations on apartment owners with respect of short-term leases.
- Representation of the Israel Football Association in significant litigation proceedings (a petition for a derivative action in the amount of approximately NIS 40 million, and a claim that was filed by the liquidators of Hapoel Tel Aviv, in the scope of approximately NIS 80 million).
- Representation of, and provision of legal services to Dan Public Transport, including: in an investment transaction with Dan Europe Israel and the Value Base Group; in formulating a collaboration agreement with the company, Via Transportation Inc for the implementation and operation of the “Bubble” project; collaboration with the company, Electron Wireless for the operation of transport lines powered solely by wireless electric electrical energy; various tenders for the operation of a license to operate service routes on public transport throughout Israel, drawing up financing agreements for the purpose of setting up and operating these clusters, as well as provision of ongoing legal advice.
- Representation of the Nitsba Group, the owners of the Princess Hotel, in a long-term lease transaction, to lease the hotel to a leading international hotel group.
- Representation of the Rimonim hotel chain, in the sale of its rights in the hotels: Rimonim Eilat, Ruth Rimonim Safed, Rimonim Hamayan Nazareth, and Rimonim Naveh Atib.
- Representation of the Brown Group in various lease transactions.
- Representations of private entities in significant transactions including acquisition, capital raising, and the sale of their assets and commercial operations.