Noam Ronen is a partner at Gornitzky & Co.
Noam has vast experience in civil and commercial litigation and represents both individuals and corporations in a wide range of legal matters before all judicial bodies, including the Supreme Court, as well as in arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Noam has broad experience with representing leading Israeli companies, Israel’s largest banks and other financial institutions, leading insurance companies, industrial and service corporations, leading food manufacturers and many others. He specializes in the representation of clients in class actions and derivative suits of substantial financial scope in a wide range of fields, including consumerism, banking, environmental protection, securities law and insurance. An overwhelming majority of the class actions has culminated in victory for the firm’s clients or in the withdrawal of the claim by the other party.
In addition, Noam represents high profile clients in administrative legislation proceedings and litigation in different areas, including disputes related to tenders, environmental law regulations and litigation, constitutional litigation and other administrative issues.
Recent notable examples of Noam’s practice:
- Representation of one of Israel’s largest banks in several class action suits before the District Courts and before the Supreme Court (in appeals) relating to various banking issues, in particular with respect to the collection of banking charges and management fees for securities.
- Representation of a leading public company in a large number of derivative lawsuits filed against it to the Economic Department of the Tel Aviv District Court and before the Supreme Court demanding to file a lawsuit against its directors and additional parties, including with respect to complex USD 3 billion debt arrangements;
- Representation of a large Israeli food manufacturer and distributor in a large number of class actions in the field of standardization and consumerism, misleading publication, misleading information in food labelling, etc. in all judicial instances and in proceedings vis-à-vis the Consumer Protection Authority.
- Representation of the directors of a public company in a motion to approve a derivative suit against them with respect to a failed investment in oil drillings. The motion was dismissed by both the District Court and later on by the Supreme Court.
- Representation of large Israeli real estate companies in several environmental class actions including with respect to ‘Clean Air’ laws in public places at the central stations of Jerusalem and Tel-Aviv, which are operated by them;
- Representation of a leading company using renewable energy technology energy in petitions to the Supreme Court and in different administrative proceedings regarding the licensing of power stations for the generation of electricity using renewable energy.
Additionally, Noam frequently lectures at various legal conferences and conventions and regularly participates in legal discussion panels.